In this first episode of the new series, Reed Davis provides a fascinating discussion around hormonal health and key principles for managing our health and wellbeing, especially in managing body weight. He discusses the importance of an individualised approach and how hormonal imbalance can lead to weight gain.
Reed Davis, Holistic Health Practitioner (HHP) and Certified Nutritional Therapist (CNT), is an expert in functional lab testing and holistic lifestyle medicine. He is the Founder of Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® (FDN) and the FDN Certification Course. Reed served as the Health Director and Case Manager at a Wellness Center in So. California for over 10 years and now teaches the FDN Course with over 2500 trainees or graduates in 50 countries. Today, Reed is known as one of the most successful and experienced clinicians in the world, having provided functional lab assessments to over 10,000 clients. Reed is also a Clinical Advisor for BioHealth Laboratories and lives in the US, teaching the FDN Certification Course and helping his graduates build robust private practices.
Episode content: hormonal health and weight management
In this episode of the podcast we discuss with Reed:
- 1.35 – What is Functional Diagnostic Nutrition?
- 4.45 – Reed defines the acronym DRESS for success
- 8.34 – The importance of the root cause in preference to relying on symptoms alone
- 15.47 – Accessible tools for health and fitness professionals to monitor client health
- 24.50 – What factors are the top priority in managing body weight? Calories? Hormonal health?
- 33.45 – Which hormones are commonly out of balance in the overweight/obese?
- 38.02 – Cortisol as a catabolic hormone may still, counter-intuitively, impact weight gain
Rate the show:
If you enjoy this episode, then please rate the show, give a short review, and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on YouTube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.
For other great episodes and expert guests on the Fit to Succeed show, visit our complete podcast library.
Connect with Reed on social media:
Reed Davis, or his organisation, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition, is available on a range of social media, please click the links below to connect.