Did you know that the number 1 new years resolution is to diet and eat healthier (71%)? However, there is a vital component that precedes better eating habits…ensuring that we have healthy digestion in the first place! Healthy food can only be utilised by the body if there are healthy digestive processes occurring within the body. Dr Liz Lipski joins us on the Fit to Succeed show to explore the common digestive complaints and their potential solutions.
Dr Liz Lipski is a Professor and the Director of the Academic Development for the Nutrition programmes in Clinical Nutrition at Maryland University of Integrative Health. Dr Lipski holds a PhD in Clinical Nutrition, is a Fellow of the American College of Nutrition (FACN) and holds two board certifications in clinical nutrition (CNS, and BCHN) and one in functional medicine (IFMCP). She is also on the faculty for The Institute for Functional Medicine.
Episode content: Heathly digestion
Along with a brief discussion about the 25-year history of her best-selling book, and the updated release of the 5th edition of Digestive Wellness, Dr Lipski shares some really practical tips on how to manage some of the most common digestive complaints.
- 3.20: Dr Lipski’s motivation to specialise in digestive health
- 10.56: When in doubt, begin in the gut
- 14.58: How to recognise external symptoms of gut imbalance that may not be easily connected to the gut
- 18.49: Potential causes and solutions for managing bad breath
- 21.54: Potential causes and solutions for managing gastric reflux (heartburn)
- 28.52: Potential causes and solutions for managing gas and bloating
- 35.30: Potential causes and solutions for managing constipation
- 40.42: The importance of the gut bacterial population to digestive health
Dr Lipski’s websites:
www.artofdigestivewellness.com is an online video course
Connect with Dr Lipski on social media:
Dr Lipski’s books:
Rate the show:
If you enjoyed this episode on healthy digestion, then please rate the show, give a short review, and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on YouTube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.
For other great episodes and expert guests on the Fit to Succeed show, visit our podcast library at www.nordicfitnesseducation.com