The world of online personal training is definitely growing! In fact with the recent movement restrictions due to Coronavirus impacting numerous countries around the world, online training has taken a significant boost! The fitness industry model is still very much built around a face-to-face delivery of fitness training services and that is what the vast majority of personal trainers conform to offer. So what things need to be considered when adapting personal training to an online offering? We asked Sharad Mohan, the CEO of the leading PT software platform, Trainerize to share his inside perspective.
Sharad Mohan is the Co-Founder and CEO of Trainerize—the company known for digitizing the fitness club experience—and the driving force behind their mission to “make fitness accessible”. Founded in 2008, Trainerize has been helping fitness businesses leverage technology to stay relevant in the digital fitness age and engage their members in new ways using mobile and wearable devices.
Episode content: Online personal training
During this important discussion around online personal training, Sharad answered a range of important questions offering insight to fitness professionals across the following topics:
- 1:18 Why Trainerize is a great online tool for fitness professionals
- 2:19 Online training can be more than just sharing video content
- 3:38 Background to developing the first fitness application
- 5:46 Does online training reduce or improve the client relationship?
- 8:53 Does online training reach further into communities than normal big box gyms?
- 12:16 Strengths of online versus face to face fitness training
- 16:39 Local versus global business competition through online personal training
- 22:07 How important is a social media profile in succeeding as an online fitness trainer?
- 24:58 Data capture features within Trainerize to benefit an online fitness business
Start a 30-day free trial of the leading online PT software at Trainerize.
Connect with Trainerize via social media:
Rate the show:
If you enjoyed this episode, then please rate the show, give a short review, and share it with your friends so they can benefit from this free expert information. Your comments and feedback are always welcome. Please subscribe to the podcast on iTunes or the video series on YouTube so you will receive each update immediately upon release.
For other great episodes and expert guests on the Fit to Succeed show, visit our full podcast library archive.