The Nordic Personal Trainer Certificate (NPTC) is an innovative, interactive programme, created as a truly effective online solution to becoming a European Level 4 certified Personal Trainer!
Our goal was to achieve the same quality and scope of education through e-learning as could be provided through traditional face to face courses. The NPTC was the first, purely online programme of study to achieve full, professional, Level 4 accreditation through Europe Active.
The NPTC is a tutor-guided, online qualification that covers all knowledge and skills required to work successfully as a personal trainer. The programme is structured as follows:
1st term: Anatomy and Physiology / Fitness Instruction
2nd term: Nutrition for Health and Fitness / Business skills for Personal Trainers
3rd term: Consultation, testing, and programme design
4th term: Exercise Instruction for Personal Training
As detailed above the course takes 4 terms of study to complete or a minimum (24 weeks), with the maximum allowance being up to 1 year from the initial course start.
- Successful graduates are registered on European Register of Exercise Professionals (EREP’s)
- 100% online course content delivery* available via computer, tablet, or mobile device, 24 hours a day via the internet
- Study at times that fit in with your existing commitments
- All students are assigned a personal tutor/assessor to support you, answer questions, and grade your written / video assessments
- User-friendly, highly visual, and engaging learning content
- HD, fully-captioned videos and downloadable written transcripts for all lessons delivered online
- A wide range of editable document templates to support all aspects of running a personal training business
- An extensive HD video exercise technique library, with downloadable exercise guidance documents
*All course content is delivered via our online platform. Written and video assessments are submitted online to be graded in person by a designated assessor. Students are also required to complete a real-time work-place fitness internship.
- Completed high school / secondary level education
- Be skilled and confident in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Time and ability to complete the course within 24 weeks
Graduates will receive the EREP’s endorsed Nordic Personal Trainer Certificate
There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions in a way that serves the world, and you!Sir Richard Branson
The Nordic Personal Trainer Certificate has 3 payment options:
Full payment: a single payment at registration that covers all course fees: €2,950 (a saving of €250 on the ‘Pay per term/month’ price)
Pay per term:
- An initial payment of €1175 paid at registration, inclusive of 1st term course fees
- 3 further payments of €675 paid at the beginning of each term
- Total paid over 4 terms is €3200
Pay per month:
- An initial payment of €400 at registration
- 7 consecutive payments of €400 per month
- Total paid over 8 months is €3200
Following online registration, the programme coordinator will contact you to request:
- a scan of your passport/driver’s license (or legal photo identification)
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV) in English
Please CONTACT our Programme Coordinator if you need any further support or assistance.
A career in personal training
Personal Training (PT) is a highly rewarding career with 74% of PT’s indicating they have high job satisfaction. Our graduate PT’s have helped thousands of people to make positive changes that boost fitness, enhance wellbeing, and create healthier habits. Working in the fitness industry attracts people from all backgrounds with a wide range of life experiences making it a truly inclusive career that can fit with the lifestyle of almost anybody. Could this work for you?
Start the journey to your dream career now!
Featured Student reviews
Fiona Brown, Professional footballer playing for FC Rosengård, and Scottish Women’s national team; NPTC graduate 2020:
“I thoroughly enjoyed my experience during this course. I felt the content was very detailed but so interesting and relatable to both sporting performance and all levels of training. I felt well equipped to go out and hold my own in the personal training and gym environment because of the assessments and information I had received! I would recommend this course to anyone who really is serious about entering the world of PT and fitness!”
Oliver Sigurjonsson, Professional footballer playing for Bodo Glimt, Norway; NPTC graduate 2019:
“I liked the NPTC programme a lot and I would 100% recommend it. It adapted well to my training schedule. The programme tutors were really good, providing personal, constructive feedback and advice to help your studies. I gained more knowledge in health and fitness, which I will use it for myself, and also help others achieve their goals.”
Ana Markovic, IFBB athlete, Icelandic Cup Champion and Rhein-Neckar-Pokal Champion; NPTC graduate 2018:
“As an IFBB fitness athlete who competes, I feel lucky to have a good PT supporting me in my aspirations and helping me reach my goals. I watched my body and mindset transform, so I wanted to learn a little bit more about the magic. I never even thought about being a PT until I had to earn my grades with Nordic Fitness Education. Now, experiencing all that the NPTC offers, I feel confident that I can be a solid coach. I feel that I have a very strong base to build upon, with experience too. I’m proud and grateful to have graduated from NFE via the Nordic Personal Trainer Certificate! Thank you.”