Nutrition certificate overview
A solid foundation in nutrition knowledge, communication and consultation skills can serve as an extremely beneficial tool when supporting clients who are seeking better health, weight loss or to fuel their exercise or sporting demands more effectively. As a student on our nutrition certificate, you will develop your knowledge and skills to support clients in their diet and fitness goals.
This 100% online nutrition certificate will teach you the scientific fundamentals behind the food we eat, including carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and hydration. It will also take you beyond into real-world application of nutrition knowledge to cover issues such as eating for weight management, fueling endurance and intermittent exercise, and how to ensure optimal nutrition for muscle building.
- A flexible, online programme of the study that can fit in with your busy daily life
- This course has been carefully mapped to include all the required knowledge criteria and beyond for Nutritional Advisers as determined by the European fitness industry´s professional standards
- Taught by renowned teachers that have obtained university degrees within their field of expertise, and have decades of practical PT experience
- The programme has been honed through more than a decade of experience teaching Personal Trainers at the Keilir Health Academy in Iceland
- Completed high school / secondary level education
- Be skilled and confident in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Be at least 19 years of age
Why choose the Nutrition certificate for Health and Fitness?
- The knowledge and skills obtained reach all the requirements for a Nutritional Adviser as defined by European professional personal training standards
- Exceptional online materials that offer an engaging learning experience
- Access to a personal tutor for support throughout every module
- Study around your existing lifestyle and commitments
This certification is composed of 13 sections of learning covering a broad range of nutritional topics.
- Introduction to nutrition
- Fluid balance and hydration
- Energy systems for exercise
- Nutrition and endurance exercise
- Nutrition for high-intensity exercise
- Nutrition for muscular development
- Nutrition for body fat reduction
The nutrition certificate is assessed by a mix of online quizzes and a final written nutrition case study that is submitted to your assigned tutor for grading.
Note: This certification forms the same nutrition module as found within the Level 4 NPTC qualification.
Once all assessment criteria have been achieved, learners will be awarded the Nutrition for Health and Fitness Certificate.
The price of this certification is €450 paid in full prior to enrollment.
Enroll and payment
Please contact Ben Pratt, the Programme Coordinator, for further information about this course. Please allow 1-2 working days following payment to complete enrolment and set up to the online learning platform.
You can pay using a PayPal account or alternatively you can pay directly with a credit or debit card.