Finding your feet, building a client base, and determining effective processes in fitness and personal training business can take time and practice. It is not just about diet and exercise adherence. Fitness delivery and personal training are truly customer service focused vocations. To succeed it is essential to be able to develop a memorable brand, create an attractive product portfolio, design eye-catching advertisements, leverage social media platforms, deliver an innovative marketing plan, set up effective sales processes, and ultimately, understand how to create and deliver a clear business strategy.
- A flexible, online programme of the study that can fit in with your busy daily life
- Approved by European Register of Exercise Professionals (ERP’s) as ongoing professional education within their LifeLong Learning Programme, and awarded a maximum 10 hours recognition
- This course has been developed by experienced, qualified fitness professionals with many years working on the fitness floor and delivering personal training services.
- Learn essential business skills such as writing a business plan, creating a strong brand, planning an effective marketing strategy and using online technology to benefit your business.
- Access to a range of essential document templates to kick-start your business
- The programme has been honed through more than a decade of experience teaching Personal Trainers at the Keilir Health Academy in Iceland
- Certified as a personal trainer or equivalent qualification
- Completed high school / secondary level education
- Be skilled and confident in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Be at least 19 years of age
Why choose Business Skills for Personal Training?
- Success as a freelance fitness professional relies heavily upon effective business and sales acumen and not just exercise and programme design.
- Exceptional online materials that offer an engaging learning experience
- Access to a personal tutor for support throughout every module
- Study around your existing lifestyle and commitments
- Evidence of EREP’s approved ongoing education (LLP 10 hours)
This certification is composed of 10 sections of learning covering a broad range of business and career topics to help you succeed in your chosen fitness business.
- Customer oriented business
- Key principles for delivery
- The business of personal training
- Personal training business models
- Personal training products and services
- Fitness business branding
- Business planning
- Business marketing
- Selling personal training
- Business documentation
The course is assessed by a mix of online quizzes and a final written, applied business case study worksheet that is submitted to a personal tutor for grading.
Note: This certification forms the same business module as found within our updated (Jan 2019) NPTC qualification.
Once all assessment criteria have been achieved, learners will be awarded the Business Skills for Personal Training Certificate.
The price of this certification is now only €395 paid in full prior to enrolment.
Once you register below, our automated enrolment system will confirm your order and enrol you onto the online learning platform. You will then receive notification of your learning platform login details. Please allow a little time for the enrolment confirmation details and login information to be sent through.
Please contact Ben Pratt, Programme Coordinator, if you require further information about enrollment on this course.
You can pay directly online using a PayPal account, or with a debit and credit card when you register to the course online: