This nutrition course covers the theory and principles needed to understand the complex world of nutrition, diet, and health-related guidance necessary to support a client in their physical health and fitness objectives.
Interested in enrolling? Have a question about one of our courses?
Register your interest now
Complete online at your own pace (Self-paced) over 8 weeks
- PD hours: 10
- 450.00 EUR incl. Tax
This 100% online nutrition certificate will teach you the scientific fundamentals behind the food we eat, including carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, minerals and hydration. It will also take you beyond into real-world application of nutrition knowledge to cover issues such as eating for weight management, fueling endurance and intermittent exercise, and how to ensure optimal nutrition for muscle building.
This certification is composed of 13 sections of learning covering a broad range of nutritional topics.
- Introduction to nutrition
- Fluid balance and hydration
- Energy systems for exercise
- Nutrition and endurance exercise
- Nutrition for high intensity exercise
- Nutrition for muscular development
- Nutrition for body fat reduction
The nutrition certificate is assessed by a mix of online quizzes and a final written nutrition case study that is submitted to your assigned tutor for grading.
- A flexible, online programme of the study that can fit in with your busy daily life
- This course has been carefully mapped to include all the required knowledge criteria and beyond for Nutritional Advisers as determined by the European fitness industry´s professional standards
- Taught by renowned teachers that have obtained university degrees within their field of expertise, and have decades of practical PT experience
- The programme has been honed through more than a decade of experience teaching Personal Trainers at the Keilir Health Academy in Iceland
- Completed high school / secondary level education
- Be skilled and confident in speaking, reading and writing in English
- Be at least 19 years of age