This course covers the application of knowledge and skills required to manage and deliver an effective client consultation, to safely complete relevant fitness testing, and to design effective short and long term fitness training programmes.
Interested in enrolling? Have a question about one of our courses?
Register your interest now
Study online at your own pace and complete within the 7 week term time allocated
- PD hours: 56
- 675.00 EUR incl. Tax
The purpose of this course is to support you in mastering the skills required for effective client consultation, including physical assessment of both basic health and more advanced fitness parameters. The course will also teach the knowledge and practical skills required for planning high-quality training programmes that factor in the needs and objectives of your personal training clients. These are essential skills for the modern day personal trainer and will provide vital information and client data to facilitate effective goal setting, inform short and long-term programme planning, and finally to provide a benchmark for comparison to future re-assessment and programme progression.
The course has 15 lessons with over 12 hours of video content, and 12 related assessments that need to be reviewed and completed across the following subjects:
|1. Components and variables of fitness
2. Communication skills for consultation
3. Collecting information part A
4. Collecting information part B
5. Cardiovascular fitness assessment
6. Strength and endurance assessment
7. Balance and agility assessment
|8. Postural assessment
9. Flexibility and movement assessment
10. Introduction to programme design
11. Cardiovascular programme planning
12. Long term planning: Resistance training
13. Acute training variables
14. Short term planning: Resistance training
15. Monitoring and adapting a plan
Prior to completing this course, students must have already completed and passed the relevant study for their 1st and 2nd terms within the NPTC programme, namely Anatomy and Physiology, Fitness instruction, Nutrition, and Business skills.